.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Simple

September 27, 2006

Online ordering

Why do so many online ordering firms require landline phone numbers? In the modern age many people rely more on mobile phones. My mobile phone will get through to me at any time of day, and often night as well. A business landline might reach me 9:00-5:00, a home one at other times (except I don't have one, so never).

As a student, I don't have a landline phone. This prevents me from using several online shops. Why is it really so necessary?

My credit cards are registered to my home address. Today I ordered a new motherboard online, and was asked to provide not only a landline number for delivery, but a landline number for the billing address. I put "Ex Directory" in the box. I wonder if they'll honour the order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home