.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Simple

October 27, 2006

It has begun...

For a while now, I've been building a new computer. I put it all together and it seemed to work.

Hurrah!

So then I tried to install an operating system. I reached for something free - Linux. Unfortunately, despite trying installation CDs from 5 different distributions, they all failed.

Hurroo.

Yesterday, however, something exciting and shiny arrived in the post. Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 has arrived. And it works. Well, the installer does at least. At the moment I'm staring at a "percentage complete" indication which is moving very slowly.

Oh well, I might be able to post a more complete review later this weekend. Or maybe on Monday. Who knows if it will ever finish installing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home